Saturday, March 21, 2009

Woodbrine Rd.

I've been dreaming of the mountains
You've curves like June on Woodbrine Road
I'm breathing heavy in my sleep
Clutching my chest for my heart to contain
All of this longing
Wishing; waiting
Time swells in my core
I may become undone

I've been sneezing in my bed
Your lips are grazing my subconscious
Full and simple ecstasy
What visions flooding through my eyes
Now I see in a mirror
Dimly; unassuming
A weak-kneed boy
Not a mighty arm

I've been writhing in my bones
My body grows and groans
To hold a hand like my Father
To love as You have loved before me
That I may grow to learn
Wisely; patiently
To bring you in my grasp
And never let you go

I've been digging up my well
The rope and stone and everything
Deep crying unto my shoulders
Heaving chest and breaking boulders
That my house will be prepared
Carefully; purposefully
To find you at your window
Waiting for me

For me.

No comments: