Monday, January 21, 2008

The Air in May

I imagine that your bosom is warm
Scented as flowers on a wet summer morn'
Yearn as I might, plead as I may
Another sun rises without you today

If only you knew what you were
To me, girl - come around to my window
You flutter through me like dandelions
Finding a cool wind for them to fly on

Your fingers are pliable; light and serene
Caught me off-guard with a beauty unseen
Fought long to ward off this insatiable feeling
Longing to hold you closely; deep within me

Sun goes down to the late evermore
My lamp burns softly as I wait by the door
Come 'round past midnight; burn until dawn
Curl your toes through the dew on the lawn

Crawl up to my face and sing me
Silence, now - I'm going to fall asleep
You whisper to me anyway
"I'll make the sunrise wait today."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this poem a lot! In other news... Have you ever googled your name? It is pretty funny... You are ancient!

"German Language Printing in the American Colonies up to the Declaration of lndependence (part 2)
II. The Beginnings and Christopher Sauer the Elder
In 1738, Christopher Sauer entered the scene of colonial German printing, a scene that he and his successors would dominate or at least thoroughly influence until the Revolutionary period. Johann Christoph Sauer was born in 1695 in Ladenburg on the Neckar as son of a minister of the Reformed Church. Then Sauer lived in Laasphe, which belonged to one of the small Hessian principalities that gave shelter and support to various groups of Inspired and Radical Pietistic sectarians. Throughout his life Sauer would stay in loose contact with these groups without ever definitely joining any of them. In 1724, Sauer immigrated to Pennsylvania where in 1734 he settled down in Germantown. Originally Sauer had learned the trade of a tailor, but he soon proved that he had further considerable mechanical and artistic skills."
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Christopher+Sauer&btnG=Search